Does this sound like you?
- You need to appear the stoic public servant who has tremendous mental fortitude and is willing to risk your own life, put everything aside, and handle that tragedy, medical emergency, or crisis.
- You endure the distress and pressure and call forth the courage and bravery that first responders embody but being repeatedly exposed to such conditions weighs heavily on your mind.
- The cultures of law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics and other emergency services often make it hard for you to bring up issues you experience or deeply troubling events that continue to affect you.
- First responders are not immune to pain, anger, and sadness, yet do you fear showing cracks in their emotional armor, knowing that opening up could risk your job?
- Your relationship has been affected because of the work that you do?